NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dragon launch

miguel87

Sorry I have looked for topics about this because I thought there would be one but I cant find it.

Tonight at 9:30 BST the manned space x dragon rocket will launch from Florida. Some newspaper websites suggest it will be visible from the uk 15 minutes later passing from west to east on the southern side of the sky.

This is the first manned space launch from US soil in 10 years and the first ever manned space launch from a private company.

Does anybody have better info than me and will it actually be visible?

Also I have read suggestions that we might be able to see separation of rocket and capsule.

Mike ✌

Edited by miguel87
  • Like 3

The 21:55 pass only shows on HeavensAbove for "all passes". If I tick "visible only" then just the later 23:27 pass, low in the south west, is given :(

is that because of sky brightness or earth shadow I wonder ??

Edited by Corncrake

So Id set a reminder and at the appointed time 5 of inc. 2 elderly parents were outside hoping for a break in the clouds.  Only then did we find it was cancelled!!!

• Sad 1

Just removed this one from my printerbed. Not perfect, but it'll do. The remaining small artefacts are caused by the high printing speed (130mm/s), need to slow down to make a perfect one.
Height 230mm nozzle 0.4, time 4.5h. Four perimeters, no infill.
Now I'm busy drawing the Trunk now.

image.jpeg.1e5b16cafaee1b72584cc49b6bd69c62.jpeg

• Like 3