Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can you tell what it is yet....??

Helen

You may remember a while ago I posted about the Royal Astronomical Society putting together a quilt for their bicentenary

https://ras.ac.uk/news-and-press/news/ras-bicentennial-quilt  and that I was giving it a go.

I thought I'd report on my progress (doing OK as the deadline is now December 2020)

Can you guess what the design will include??

IMG_20200518_192028.thumb.jpg.f740a99e0e7c3f2f8d850c3af5534816.jpg

Helen

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Rain has advantages - more sewing time!

So I've completed my RAS Quilt contribution (subject to final tidying up, ironing etc).  It has been fun, and I'm pleased with how it has turned out 😊

381748703_IMG_20200619_0330553.thumb.jpg.b3565406f5b30a9a8debbc46cc17c04e.jpg

Helen

• Like 11

Thanks 🙂   

This mission literally changed my life, so I thought it would be fun to combine with my love of stitching!  (I'm thinking of using a photo of a variation of it as the frontpiece of my PhD Thesis, when I eventually get to that point!!!)

Helen

12 hours ago, JOC said:

That's quite lovely, you are so clever - I can't sew for toffee.  Well done, I'm sure it will be a much appreciated square.

Thanks @JOC I'm no good at freehand stuff, but really enjoy all types of counted thread work.  It's very therapeutic and satisfying.  I also particularly enjoy doing things for a purpose, so cards, wedding samplers, special gifts, and things like this!

Helen

• Like 1