Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Nottingham - Anyone got a clear sky they could lend me?

dm3lions

Hi Doc and Phillc,

Hopefully we will have some more luck over the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to see some stars & planets through a proper scope. I had one previously which was 75mm and the mounts were hanging off. Sufficed to say I saw next to nothing and when I did the scope had moved after about a nano second!

Happy New Year to everyone on SGL :)

Hi John,

I have been thinking about going into Bestwood Park on top of the hill that overlooks Hucknall when the clouds clear. I'll let you know if it gets decent skies there. It should be pretty good judging by its height. You can see to the city centre looking the other way too.

Cheers,

Dan

Hello there and welcome :)

Where are you in Nottm, I was brought up there and only moved in 2002....Beeston and Stapleford myself, and Mrs H is from Il'son

Cheers

Rob

I live Chilwell it's between Stapleford and Beeston.

Hi Rob,

I am from Rise Park near to Bulwell but my girlfriend is from Stapleford originally. Did you ever go to the Nottingham Astronomical Society? I am thinking about going to pick up the tricks of the trade.

Cheers,

Dan

Dan is this the one in Keyworth?

Archived