Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

This time 20 yrs ago ...

coatesg

... was one of the most impressive auroral displays of modern times. I saw a bright red sky from Southern London with bright white streamers. It was visible as far south as Southern France.

(I should fish out the prints from the loft! If you have photos please post them!)

Remember this well as it was my 20th birthday at the time...! Another 2 decades older now!

Edited by coatesg
  • Like 2

Aah! Don't remind me. I remember it vividly.

I went to bed early and was blissfully unaware. Next morning I noticed that there was an answerphone message on my phone. It was from a non-astro friend containing loads of 'ooh's' and 'aahs' and '*$*&*' and  'hey, are you seeing this?' as they witnessed the magical display. Needless to say, the following night there was nothing to see.

I have since seen the northern lights, but I had to venture all the way to the bl**dy arctic to see it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1