Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SCT collination help

Collination was only very slightly out, so of coarse I had to go at it, after the screw driver spun on two of the screws, collination ended up haywire, then I ended up haywire, and on top of all this the rain came pouring down,  what a night, any way I struggled with the screws but got back to very close perfection, I think,        so my question is this, if I install the knobs FLO has will the collination be way off and will it be a nightmare to collimate the scope after? or should i leave well enough alone, its 925 sct

Thanks Derek 

Bob's knob's will make future collimation much easier but you will have to initially go through that again. It is worth it in the long run in my opinion. I threaded 2 of my original screws and i do not regret changing over.

• Like 2

I fitted Bob's Knobs to my C9.25 and never looked back. It makes collimation so much easier.

Get the scope close enough indoors. You can do that by looking down the corrector end from at least 2m away and making sure all the various rings you can see are concentric. Then go outside and do a star test. At this point make only small movements. The first time might take a while but it will be worth it.

• Like 1

I too was worried that installing Bob's Knobs would make a real hash of collimation, but I bit the bullet.  I read the instructions several times and then followed them exactly.  I had no problem tweaking the collimation afterwards.  This was on a Celestron C8.

Agree Bob knobs are the way to go . When i did my C8  i just replaced each one at a time and just did a snug tightness . When you loosen a screw you can feel if it’s tight or snug . When you replace with BKs’ try tighten close to but under tight of the one you took out . When re collimate it will not be off as far as you think . Don’t over tighten cause that pinches the lens making stars odd ball shape .