NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2019 is gone ..... Welcome 2020, so what's next?

Hey all,

2019 is already gone and we will welcome the new year if we are still alive, so i am sure everyone has a plan for next year, i am making plans always and always changing due to situations or results or whatever.

Finally i got my OIII 3nm filter last month, did give it a quick try, wasn't bad, still need more time to try it, but i can tell it is way way better than my 6.5nm OIII filter i use [Optolong].

Now i am trying to make a list with all targets i can do with only Ha and OIII until i can manage to bring SII also, but now i am not sure if this time i should bring LRGB first [Astrodon] or SII, because i know i will use SII more with Ha and OIII, but there are targets i want to do with LRGB combined with Ha as well, so not sure if LRGB or SII will see more use regardless of the targets and sky condition i am in.

I used my ZWO filter wheel which is mainly for planetary to mount my Astrodon Ha and OIII, but trying to connect it to my QHY camera caused me all problems i never expected, so now i don't know which filter wheel i can buy to accept my Astrodon/Chroma 1.25" 10mm thickness filters with my QHY163M camera, with QHY filter wheel i can use the short adapter to bring the camera closer, i do have that filter wheel, but i bought an internal disk for 1.25" and to my surprise it didn't accept 10mm Astrodon/Chroma filters, so either i go with their standard version which i don't know if it will accept it, or another filter wheel that can make QHY163M camera closer to the filters, if you know options please tell me so i can finish my problem.

I bought QHY mini guide scope, it fit perfectly for my QHY5 camera, but i still have problems with guiding, and i am trying with one guy locally to figure it out and solve it, and it is with all my guiding setup with any imaging setup, so it is definitely software settings than the equipment itself, but i am still in that position thinking about  "To OAG or not", at least for my Newt, i bought this Mini Guide Scope to mount it on my Newt to minimize weight, just not sure if it is FL is sufficient for it, i have to ix and finish with this guiding issue since years, my DSO imaging is all crap due to not making guiding working properly, so this will be my first goal to fix soon.

Honestly speaking, using my Astrodon Ha again is a lot of joy, i did try for Horeshead and Orion and Flaming Star and Rosette targets unguided and they were amazing really, i tried with 5 minutes even unguided, sure the stars or results isn't good unguided, but the target is just right there screaming for better, so i have to quickly setup my gear perfectly as possible as i can and use this Ha/OIII to get nice data then i start new journey ...... "PixInsight Processing", i tried to play with others data, for short time not deep processing steps, got few tips, but i really want to play with my own data, i feel i want to spend 1-5 hours on my own data than others even if my data isn't that good yet, but i am learning now how to make my data as good once i mentioned about my gear setup being fixed, i spent long time now trying without reaching anywhere, and as someone told me, i will focus on one target and my plan is also to use one filter to have enough data of that then move to another filter for same target, sounds this year and last year were just experimenting, so i want to start new year with new plan, and serious one, almost got enough items to make it, always i have one kind of issue when i setup, but i hope this time once everything is right then i enjoy more imaging, it needs patience, i remember in 2017 i thought i will make it in few months, people told me it will take years, so now almost 3 years passed for me, now i have to start better.

I attached Rosette Nebula done with my ST80 again and Astrodon Ha [5min subs unguided] as my setup failed on me with my Canon lens, so i ordered adapters, one for Canon connecting and the other for coma corrector with Newt, let's see how it will go for me.

Rosette - Nov 2019.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TareqPhoto said:

2019 is already gone and we will welcome the new year if we are still alive, so i am sure everyone has a plan for next year, i am making plans always and always changing due to situations or results or whatever.

😲 I've still got 25 days to go till 2020 in my calendar 🙂

Great image of the Rosette Nebula.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

😲 I've still got 25 days to go till 2020 in my calendar 🙂

Great image of the Rosette Nebula.

Someone in another forum said it is still not gone, i told him wait 25 days and then it is officially gone.

Thank you very much

2 hours ago, joe aguiar said:

slow down have fun live in the present 3.5 weeks left in 2019

those objects have been in the sky for hundreds of years probally thousdands

joe

I will, and i think not hundreds or thousands, i believe maybe millions of years.

Tareq

1 hour ago, JamesF said:

I've got two weeks off work over Christmas.  I'm in no hurry to get to 2020 :)

James

WOW, people changed, before i always hear "Oh my, when this year gonna finish or end?!!!", and that is even in the middle of the year not in December for example, nice to see that people value every moment or minute now, good.

42 minutes ago, Waldemar said:

Maybe check out Starlight Xpress fiterwheels: http://www.sxccd.com/sx-usb-filter-wheel

Father Time 2019 is not dead, yet... and 2020 is not born yet, either. So... a bit early for a funeral and/or newborn party :-)

hahaha, ok, no need to rush then 🙂

I looked at that filter wheel, really very expensive for other options, so i don't want to get that to find out it won't make any better, i mean with QHY filter wheel they do have short adapter i can put on the camera and then use screws to connect the filter wheel from inside and that will minimize the distance a lot, not sure with this Starlight it will reduce the distance a bit.

2 hours ago, TareqPhoto said:

WOW, people changed, before i always hear "Oh my, when this year gonna finish or end?!!!", and that is even in the middle of the year not in December for example, nice to see that people value every moment or minute now, good.

Most things are replaceable.  Time is not.  I do try to use mine to the fullest of my ability :)

James

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

Had to google those. 🙂 

My grown kids clued me into FOMO last month.  I'd never heard of it, either.  Apparently, my daughter's future father-in-law has FOMO in a bad way and often goes to concerts and other events in case the performer never tours again or gives the performance of a lifetime that night.

So there is no AstroLO to try then?!!!

Nice to read your comments, time is precious, i got that, but sometimes we don't count those times where we feel we don't have anything good at it or wasted times, if i have no plan really until January then i am not sure if those days are really worthy, in fact i can't even drive out of my house due to my car case, so it sounds i will just relax in bed and read sites until January to start over again.