Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AZGTi problems...

There are 3 retaining thumbscrews at the top of the pillar which when loosened allows the removal of the top fixing which is then attached to the mount. I would recommend a rubber washer between the top fixing and the mount as mine has a habit of coming loose.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, banjaxed said:

There are 3 retaining thumbscrews at the top of the pillar which when loosened allows the removal of the top fixing which is then attached to the mount. I would recommend a rubber washer between the top fixing and the mount as mine has a habit of coming loose.

Thank you for that. Yes I loosened the three thumbscrews, then attempted to remove the top, but it just turned then stopped. It did not come off, even after completely removing the thumbscrews. It seemed to jamb, no more movement. 🤔 

Edit: I was considering trying some WD40, to see if that helps, but though I would give Rob at FLO more time to answer my questions. :smiley:

Edited by Greymouser

There must be a problem with your pillar as mine comes out easily when the thumb screws are loosened.

13 hours ago, Greymouser said:

Thank you for that. Yes I loosened the three thumbscrews, then attempted to remove the top, but it just turned then stopped. It did not come off, even after completely removing the thumbscrews. It seemed to jamb, no more movement. 🤔 

Edit: I was considering trying some WD40, to see if that helps, but though I would give Rob at FLO more time to answer my questions. :smiley:

16 hours ago, Greymouser said:

Hello Greymouser

Have you removed the three thumbscrews completely as I had to remove  them to take of my mount head? You will probably find that these screws are not actually the same length!

Regards,

Hadyn - Isle of Man

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hadyn42 said:

Have you removed the three thumbscrews completely as I had to remove  them to take of my mount head? You will probably find that these screws are not actually the same length!

I have indeed taken out the screws completely and still the top does not come off. They appear to be the same length. There is something rattling about inside, the top will not shift and the top male screw is recessed. I am having little luck with this mount so far. :sad:

If you have the Pro version and it is for Eq then the scope should I think be mounted on the Right Hand Side. That allows for a counter weight bar to be added and that for Eq operation forces the scope on the right to operate correct. I would however then question the mount firmware version.

So possibly the app is Eq, the motor or setup is Left Hand Side/Alt-Az. Question is does the Pro App need newer Firmware on the mount. Can App and Motor Firmware get out of step. The App on mine is updated automatically but never updated the mount firmware.

When mine arrived I do recall a few options that you had to select and set. May be worth looking through those again as sometimes a new App version goes off to some default settings.

Also which side when set up are you placing the scope on, was asked previously.

What device are you running the App on? Assume that it is GPS for data and the other bits?

• 4 weeks later...

I have finally found time and a cloud gap, to have another go with this mount, so thought I would update this little thread. :undecided:

I set it up again as per instructions, did a single star alignment, which I am sure is less than perfect, but I was very tired and do not have a great deal of time. Anyway, proceeded to get it to goto another star, where it pointed to the ground! I then aligned properly on the star, confirmed and it told me it was successful. Sent it to Polaris and it was not too far out, in the field of view, but not perfect. Then to test of I sent it to Altair, it was quite a bit out, but manageable. Then back to Polaris and it was much better, almost centre. Back to Altair and again quite a bit off and it was now not tracking, at all. This time as I altered and centred on Altair, the direction buttons got an odd reaction out of the mount, taping up and it went up and a little to the left. Then it started to make a slight tapping noise, but now the tracking was at least partly working! I now remembered to engage the second encoder, doh! I then sent it to find M31, but it was no where near, this is an easy target, but no. I then sent it back to Polaris, just to see how far off it really was. It found Polaris almost dead centre and now the tapping was gone! This is starting to annoy now, again.

I tried several different variations on the theme, but got similar results, to say the least intermittent success. I decided to give in, pack up and consider my options.

As I have said this is my second version of this mount, FLO have been great and replaced my first one they sent out, that one I could get working not at all. This on is better, but best described as temperamental. I do not know what to do next, but am beginning ( again, :rolleyes2: ) to regret buying this mount, Skywatcher seem to have issues with this mount, perhaps quality control issues. I am considering if it is a power issue, but surely the Duracell AA batteries should last beyond one session?

I have thought about getting a Lithium power supply, indeed fully intended to after testing, for what seemed like a great mount, ( before purchase ) also intended to get the hand controller for it. Now however, I am wondering if it would just be good money after bad? Any ideas people? :smiley:

Edit: Just to add, I was using the Pro version and in AZ mode, it makes no difference which though, the same results. I am running the app on an android tablet and I have tried only one side of the mount as it is AZ mode, but have tried to reverse it, as in upside down even!  Also FLO replaced the faulty extension tube, they are great! :grin:

Edited by Greymouser