Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Edge of darkness.

cotterless45

There are maybe one or two nights here when the heat is on full , the skies dark and my wife emerges to wait for the hedgehog and look through the eyepiece. Kicked off with a few showpieces. 

Takes some patience and time to tease out what appears at first light to be " it's a blurry thing" . "Look again and use the focuser ". Nearly said "use the Force". Down Igor !

Starting with the show stopper Saturn . Awesome .Followed up by ,

M31 and M110, Albireo  ,NGC 752, M76 that little dumbbell, M57 , double double ,M11, M13 we got the x150 full sparkle eventually amazed . No repeat trip in mind , the great indoors called.

Soon realised that the early hot air bubbling had settled. Walking between the house and garage and I felt the hot air coming from brick and concrete. Little wonder the low views had been wobbly. 

Got down to 1.1 arc seconds and some right lovely views . Kind of I'm stooping out all night when only the unforecastable clouds arrived.

Andromeda ...Σ162 gave a fine triple. 36 Andromedae opened about 1.2" hitting x240 here .

Cassiopeia ...Σ7, opened out along with Σ59.Then a couple of Burnhams. BU 1 showed a buzz of stars around the target at low power . At x216 the most delicate companion popped out.

Sat back and first faint indication of town Milky Way through Cygnus, square of Pegasus and Capella rising in the north . 

Lovely night , fed the hedgehog and the local mozzies , here's to waiting for 

Clear skies !

Nick.IMG_7088.thumb.JPG.3c497db256f6d8d085301fc8d9514098.JPGIMG_7087.thumb.JPG.ec19c7fed6c4caa66d325a2119ed830b.JPG

• Like 8

As always, you make it all sound wonderful and easy Nick.

Clouded last night, so leaving it with fingers crossed for tonight.
Made me smile about the occasional foray of Mr Nick to the Eyepiece, sounds like Mrs White here.

Were you using your 6" Celestron F8 Achro Nick?
If so what mount is it hung upon?

• Like 1

Was the same over my way Nick with that much heat in the brick and concrete it was still radiating heat at 2am.

Lovely last night too just a shame I can't get out due to early working. 

May try tonight if the weather holds up. 

• Like 1