NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astro gift for a friend's 60th.

https://www.steelman24.co.uk/astronomer-1020

Looking for gift suggestions for a friend's 60th birthday. Came across this item. It's in the right price bracket. But some inaccuracies. I personally don't have fastener nuts for hip joints 😂. 

Any suggestions for a worthwhile gift would be welcome. I was going to give him my Broardhurst, Clarkson comet Eyepiece. But can't bare to part with this vintage Eyepiece. 

3 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Why is it staring at the ground instead of up in the air? 😳😳😳

He could be viewing a very fast neutrino penetrating the Earth?? 🙊 

Is it wrong?  Isn't the telescope pointed almost straight up and he is looking down into the EP which the enterprising fellow is viewing via a star diagonal to put the image up the right way 😉

On their website it says ......"At the same time they are not only characterised by their extraordinary creativity, but also by unique attention to detail.", so they do appreciate that its back breaking work to look at the stars 😂

Removing price, books and DVDs from the equation, over the years I've received some lovely gifts of which a few highlights have included: