Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Waiting for ..........a forecast !

cotterless45

A smorgasbord of unfavourable forecasts , ignored ! A cornucopia of delights , so very much to see from early darkness. 

From Andromeda , Pegasus, the Summer Triangle , Aquarius , down to the star cloud in Sagittarius and the glorious Cassiopeia rising in the north. I found last year's observing notes and cracked on . 

Firstly though , lovely colourful views of Jupiter , soon followed by a very stable Saturn. Full ring details with subtle shading here and the surface. 

There's such a gap under Aquila , until I remembered M11 , a jewel of summer nights. 

Checking my list of Caroline Herschel's discoveries , I followed in her footsteps. NGC 6819 was the most spectacular here , with that powdered glass which gives the best open clusters such impact. It's no bad thing to get a little brightness , it gives great shape to the main stars . This gives odd shapes , such as the disco dad of M34.

Such a range to observe from the merest sliver of galaxies to the blast of M31. My favourite just now is the obviously blue " blue snowball" , NGC 7662 in Andromeda blinking in and out of view.

Superb seeing added to the excitement , getting a clear 1.2" split of 36 Andromedae and a quick drawing of  Σ 2609 easier at 1.9" . Set in one of those wonderful Cygnus star fields. 

A lovely few hours , once again accompanied by our noisy snorting hedgehog, under ,

Clear skies,

Nick.IMG_7055.thumb.JPG.f182eabf9f5a1650c918325d6fbf85da.JPGIMG_7056.thumb.JPG.31b963648ce856a7d030a4fe73e1a18b.JPGIMG_7057.thumb.JPG.30771eecdbeb4ca6735d885670a9270d.JPG

• Like 15