Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ISS @ 27600 kph Apollo 11 & 17 pass animation.

ISS passing between Apollo 11 & 17 at actual traveling speed = 27600 kph.

Capture details

7/15/2019 03:19:20 UT

ED80 - ASI 178mm - 3096x2080 - 22 fps - mono8 avi - exp .002049 - gain 52 - sharpened and gamma added - gif - in PS.

apollofine - Copy.gif

Edited by MilwaukeeLion
details added
  • Like 23

Just now, Davey-T said:

That's pretty cool ML, well done, is this from your home location ? only ask because the ISS lunar transits always manage to avoid my location by miles.

Dave

Thank you Dave, yes and a second possible ISS/lunar transit coming this Sun from my yard.  Just dumb luck, kind of imaging I am best at 😀  This coming pass if not cloudy...would run along terminator line which would be very cool to capture. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maw lod qan said:

I tip my hat to you. That is incredible!

Where are you finding information showing the transit timing?

Calsky.com great site, set up your log & lat, it will send you emails on anything you want in advance of it happening.  ISS transits from your location, other bright passes from your location, moons passing Jupiter, metor showers, comets, endless upcoming space events.  You will like it guaranteed.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

What incredible timing! I like this a lot. Different from the norm as well! Great picture!
I find myself wanting to look at the moon more and more. Something I was never too interested in before

Edited by Thor92
  • Like 1