Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 14-7-2019

Ibbo!

I had almost given up on the planets this time round but maybe I spoke too soon, a bit of decent seeing and things improve.

Or maybe forget the colour cam and go for IR filters is the way to go.

I have more data to prod and poke but am in need of sleep.

200mm SCT x2.5 powermate IR642 filter Chameleon mono cam.

spacer.png

• Like 17

Nice one Steve, I had no intention of trying to image Saturn this time around but due to the surprise felling of the neighbours Leylandii I can now see it from the obsy, so got as far as sticking the ZWOASI178 on my old Atik 1 filter wheel and having a quick look last night between the clouds to see the usual wobbly thing, now ordered an ADC from FLO to help, maybe an IR filter is needed as well :rolleyes:

Dave

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

Nice one Steve, I had no intention of trying to image Saturn this time around but due to the surprise felling of the neighbours Leylandii I can now see it from the obsy, so got as far as sticking the ZWOASI178 on my old Atik 1 filter wheel and having a quick look last night between the clouds to see the usual wobbly thing, now ordered an ADC from FLO to help, maybe an IR filter is needed as well :rolleyes:

Dave

I pulled the ADC from the chain last night as well  as I just did the IR, also I had lost jove by the time I had stopped fiddling with the kit.

After seeing your image I had a go last night imaging Saturn in visual and infrared with CPC800, ASI224MC, ADC, ZWO IR-pass filter.

3000 frames, processed in registax6.

I then took off the ADC and imaged in infrared with the ZWO IR-pass filter. This gave the sharpest result - possibly my sharpest image ever of the major ring division.

The seeing was bad. Not conclusive, but interesting.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...