NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

polemaster

seanpius

Can anyone tell me if there is any place in the UK that could look at a polemaster camera for me,the camera connects to the polemaster software but shows no image at all,so i was thinking it is a hardware problem.I have the camera about 2years.

Seanpius.

Maybe I am being particularly dense, but if you are getting no image at all (from which I am assuming the black screen in the software does not change), how do you know that when you press the connect button, "the camera connects to the polemaster software"?

Is it worth trying it on another machine (even if that machine would never be useable for astro work) to see if you get the dark/light alternation as you cover/uncover the camera?

3 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

Maybe I am being particularly dense, but if you are getting no image at all (from which I am assuming the black screen in the software does not change), how do you know that when you press the connect button, "the camera connects to the polemaster software"?

Is it worth trying it on another machine (even if that machine would never be useable for astro work) to see if you get the dark/light alternation as you cover/uncover the camera?

because going by system settings it says camera connected,device working.

23 minutes ago, seanpius said:

because going by system settings it says camera connected,device working.

Personally I would treat that with great suspicion. Windows often says that when clearly the device is not connected and not working especially with items connected with third party drivers.  

Has the camera worked in the past (2 years old).

I would uninstall the driver and app - reboot the machine - download the latest driver and app from here - install them in the correct order and try again.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Hi tried change of cable,when i trouble shoot in settings it says change from usb3 to usb2,when i do this it then says problem fixed but there is no difference,it still wont work.

You can also use SharpCap to test that the Polemaster is working. With the polemaster connected, just look under the Cameras menu in SharpCap and it should be listed. You will probably have to tweak gain and exposure settings to see anything but in daylight the image should be white unless you can turn the gain and exposure down far enough to see any detail. 

screw caps off,tried sharpcap,tried everything,must be a hardware problem.Bernard at Modern Astronomy is putting me in touch with a Czech engineer who deals with QHY cameras which is very good of him.

• Like 1