Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

greetings, from Yorkshire

Tohrazer

20 year old male here, i've had a life long fascination with physics and astronomy, and recently i've decided to indulge that fascination, will be buying a reasonably decent starter telescope at christmas (looking at 8" reflectors atm) and taking up physics at University at my earliest convenience :hello2:

glad to be here.

live in the southern part of Yorkshire, @ scotastro, Leeds uni, hopefully. im told they have a good physics/astronomy dept

Hello Tohrazer and welcome to the SGL forum from a S. Yorks neighbour and fellow physicist :)

Which bit of the glorious Independent Republic of South Yorkshire are you from? I'm in Sheffield.

Clear Skies

Zaphod

thanks everyone @ zaphod, a village near barnsley

just ordered my Telescope today!! a big dob :hello2:

Great, All you need now is good weather :D

I've been out today (lovely & clear with a nice steady atmosphere) and viewed the Sun late this afternoon (it really IS quiet at the moment) and the Moon in the late afternoon sky before again looking at the Moon, Venus and Jupiter (with 3 Galilean satellites in attendance) and M31 (faint smudge at only 57x mag).

Let us know how you get on with first light.

Clear Skies!

Zaph

Archived