Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Daily Mail Astrophotography Story

lenscap

Well done the Daily Mail ! (Never thought I'd say that. ? ).

Today's edition includes a two page spread on Guernsey astronomer Jean Dean who had an image selected for NASA APOD.

Stunning images. Might bring some new recruits to to the hobby.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6955327/Guernsey-woman-Jean-Dean-wins-NASA-Astronomy-Picture-Day-prize-Rosette-Nebula.html

Stories like this are most welcome in the Press, whichever Broadsheet or Tabloid they appear in.  They surely do go a long way in providing inspiration to potential astro imagers. Of course the road to success of that magnitude can be a long, arduous, and expensive one, and that's where astro. Forums such as SGL help to guide, and advise the best way to proceed in the process. It is a huge boost to ambition when Images of such calibre this lady has produced, are presented to the general public in Newspapers. Astro. Mags too of course have their Hotpics pages, and the names of the Photographers can be displayed too. AP's from around the world are featured regularly

SGL's picture of the Week often used to feature in the Sky at Night Monthly, and personally I enjoyed seeing the names of members I knew personally. Always a great pleasure. We have had a number of APOD successes too by SGL imagers.  I ceased buying Astro Mags. when the prices escalated, although I still sneak look sees in WHS  sometimes ?. Lost touch with member names now, so unless their names are allied to our forum, I wouldn't know if they were members here.  If I did recognise anyone with a published Image, I would draw attention to his/her success with a submission in the appropriate Imaging section. They would deserve that recognition.

Ron 

Archived