Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pier adapter for NEQ6 (Brake Disc)

souls33k3r

Can any of you guys give me the size of thread that the main screw attachment for the mount to the tripod is please?, as, i have think i would like to get a threaded rod to use for the mount plate that is the disk brake and use in conjunction with any and all appropriate nuts and washers, etc etc.

Thanks and best regards to all,                        Tom.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Merlin, looking at the 65 mm  hole for the mount recess to sit into, i gather you would require a large washer to hold it fast on the underside to the base of the mount?, i take it i am reading this correctly!!!???????.

Thanks mates, and Merlin, regards to all,           Tom.

7 hours ago, mckinnell said:

Thanks Merlin, looking at the 65 mm  hole for the mount recess to sit into, i gather you would require a large washer to hold it fast on the underside to the base of the mount?, i take it i am reading this correctly!!!???????.

Sort of. You do need something that bridges the large gap typically 100mm+), so a washer wouldn't be big enough (or it would have to be a giant washer! ?

I am using a metal plate, slightly larger than the whole disk itself, so that the mounting bolts for the disk also go through the plate and hold it in place. 

Cheers mate, i know this is a little putting you out but, is there any chance of a picture of what this looks like, as, one picture, thousand words or so they say?

Best regards and thanks,                      Tom..

I know this is going to be looked at as a bit of tall order, (but i am over 6 ft tall myself!! )?, but is their any chance of organising here or some other thread etc etc, a collection of pictures from members who have dealt with the matter of the mount, my case, the NEQ6, and as in this case disk brake, to give people like me, i am really thick!!, a visual on what is where and how it looks as, i understand far far more and better/quicker, from a visual record of what has occurred or done per say, than words can accomplish, my bag, OK, but their you are??, just an idea...............

My very best regards and respects to one and all,             Tom.?

18 hours ago, mckinnell said:

Sorry, @mckinnell, can't get one at the moment, but here's a pic of a how it would look before the metal plate is cut to the same size as the disk.. 

IMG_20190210_182705.thumb.jpg.fdf80a59b4c5ad131e098b0bee9a4c07.jpg

And here's an example of a metal strip welded a roos the gap, from the thread linked by @JemC

post-23328-0-76281300-1375016119.jpg.28dbeedbf33904e4853fccd44eeeaf2c.jpg

This shows that it is needed for the m12 screw to have something to pull the mount on to, and also shows it is part of the pier adapter (the bit above the stainless steel bolts) , and not part of the pier (the bit below). I made the plate as big as the disc so that I didn't need to weld it.

Hope this makes sense... 

Take a look how I did mine.   Disks are introduced half way down page 1

The whole pier assembly is extremely rigid and has never given me any problems. The thick base plate ensures the mount can be bolted up really tight.   I'm 6ft 8in tall and my obsy was designed to be the minimum size that I could be comfortable in.

Thanks chaps, i am much obliged to all, seems a whole lot clearer to me now, again, many grateful thanks.

Very best regards,                Tom.

Archived