Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

East Anglian 4th Meeting

Black Shuck

Well we've not met for a while so now that Dave is back from Oz we thought we would see if there is any interest for the 4th East Anglian SGL meeting ??

For those of you who haven't been before we get together in a newly built, well equipped hall in a small village just a few miles south of Ipswich. It has south facing views almost to the horizon. It really is a super venue. :help:

We usually meet on a Sunday evening - (18:00 to about 22:30ish). It's a very laid back affair with coffee/tea, biscuits, doughnuts, etc .....oh and we also do some astro stuff (in between doughnuts of course).

If the weather is kind then top of the agenda is observing from the hall patio. (AC power is at hand courtesy of the hall). We haven't tried imaging yet as we have not really had the opportunity but there is no reason why not (apart from time constraints maybe).

We usually have a bad weather contingency :D and in the past we have enjoyed fascinating imaging/processing tutorials from Dave (Centroid) and Rog (Celescope). The last session saw Steve (Parallax) displaying his electronic skills and vast patience whilst modding a Phillips SPC900NC web cam for long exposure :thumbright: !!

Generally, we have a chat and a laugh in between astro stuff (did I mention the Doughnuts :cheers: )?

If any one is interested please post here with preferences for time/dates. We can then set a date and I will send out directions, etc.

Hope to see you there!!

Bill£ :lol:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm!!, is there to be only five of us? :help:

I'm sure the forum has gained a few more East Anglian members, since we last got together. In fact Bob (wobbly bob) is indeed one of those new members, and a welcome addition to our 'local group'.

We meet in South Suffolk, and just six miles from the Essex border on the A12, so nicely placed for North Essex and Suffolk people.

Its always nice to meet new people, and 'put a face to a name'. Plus the fact, Bill (Bill£) brings along some lovely doughnuts :D .

Dave

Thanks for the PM guys and yes I would love to come.

Any Sunday except the 21st Dec should be fine.

I will bring my ED100 again in the hope that I might get to use it this time :hello2: , (if I do it will be the 1st time I have used it out of my back garden and I am eager to see how it performs from a less light polluted environment).

Also I am currently losing a high percentage of subs, (around 70%), and I think it can only be down to the quality of the motors / gears in my mount so if anyone could bring a proven stable mount such as an HEQ5 Pro or EQ6 for me to try my ED100 on then that would be fantastic :p

Please keep me posted by PM.

Thanks

Ian

hi, i couldn't make it last time and i think i'm free most weekend in december, so i would love to come along. Need some advice on collimation of my C8N (not sure if i'm doing it right) and general help setting it up. I'll bring it along if i can make it.

Cheers

Chris.

There you go, no sooner said than done :hello2: , and the venue is 'booked' for the evening of Sunday December 14th.

As per usual, Bill will PM all interested parties, with the details.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again, and hopefully, also so new members.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Archived