Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

East Anglian 4th Meeting

Black Shuck

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another successful and very enjoyable meeting tonight, and it was nice to see some new members coming along to our little group. Namely Bob (wobblybob) and his wife Trisha, Chris (chris77), Dave (astrosnaps), and Dennis (roundycat).

With myself, Roger (celescope), Steve (parallax), and Ian (spacehopper), it made nine of us in all.

Unfortunately, Bill (Bill£) was unexpectedly called into work, Tony (mightymonoped) was unwell, and Trudie had an unexpected family committment, so they weren't able to make the meeting as planned.

The sky was 100% cloud covered, so no practical astronomy was possible, but we enjoyed a very relaxed social evening, with a bit of image processing 'thrown in' too.

The general consensus was that it would be nice to arrange another 'meet' sometime in January, hopefully to coincide with clear skies, so 'watch this space' for details.

Dave

Nice to see some new faces there ,missed my doughnuts though, still full marks for Dave who drove around Ipswich for an hour trying to find some food, which he did of course.

But a very pleasant evening was had by all , Rogers Lap top went wrong as usual , I HATE LAPTOPS.but at least Dave sorted out my colour fringing problems ,so no more to be said on that ,

I aint spending anymore money,lol, so Mono imaging for me still.

Rog

:(

Thanks Dave for inviting Trish and myself to Suffolk for a very enjoyable evening. It was good too see Rodger again and to meet a few more SGL members. Lets hope the weather is kinder to us for our next meet.

Must say thanks to Dave again, for scouring Ipswich hunting down food and drink supply's

Apologies to all !!! :D:lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

As Dave said - I got called into work when our Electricians decided to trip the mains when installing a new socket. Unfortunately they were not aware (when they went home!!!) that the ring serves all our laboratory analysis equipment which we need for compliance with our statutory authorisations - so needed to be back up and running asap and guess who was on call.

I'm glad you all had a good time (and got some food - I've now got 2 dozen mince pies to get through)!!!!! 7.gif

I will look forward to meeting you all next time - ??January

Cheers

Bill£ :(

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaarh. Missed this one :D

I'd be interesed in the next East Anglia meet, if you dont mind showing a newbie where he's going wrong!!? I live near Ely when work doesn't send me around all four corners of this little planet.

Hi David,

I've sent you a PM.

Cheers

Bill£ :(

Archived