SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Eagle has Landed!

FLO

15 minutes ago, saac said:

Does it matter, it's Italian and its red. I want one :) 

Jim 

Yebbut it's full of electrical stuff.  And we all know about Italians and electrics :)  (To be fair, I do in fact own something Italian and red, and the electrics have never been a problem.)

James

2 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Yebbut it's full of electrical stuff.  And we all know about Italians and electrics :)  (To be fair, I do in fact own something Italian and red, and the electrics have never been a problem.)

James

Ah, buy German or Japanese if you want reliability. But If you want to feed the soul, buy Italian. :) 

jim 

Well, I'm Italian, and not too bad at Electronics, I'd say... But unfortunately I can't afford that Red thing I am craving for. Just as I can't afford those nice Astrophysics or Tak APO refractors! 

19 minutes ago, FaDG said:

Well, I'm Italian, and not too bad at Electronics, I'd say... But unfortunately I can't afford that Red thing I am craving for. Just as I can't afford those nice Astrophysics or Tak APO refractors! 

To be clear, I intend no criticism by my comment.  It's more of a cultural reference, I guess.  Those of us here in the UK who are sufficiently old will remember the reputation of Italian cars from the 1970s and early to mid-1980s: that the electrics would fail almost immediately, if the car didn't rust and fall apart first (partly I think because British weather is far more unpleasant to vehicles than the Italian climate :)  Motorbikes were not much different, as far as I recall.

None of which has stopped me owning two 1970s Alfa Romeos and a Ducati :D

James

1 minute ago, JamesF said:

To be clear, I intend no criticism by my comment

Never felt your post as criticism, James! I already reacted laughing. ?

Never bought an Italian car: I feel the ones I can afford not to be high value, and the Red one I mentioned above is definitely out of my budget! ?

But I can live happily without a Ferrari as well as I can happily image without a TAK! 

Fabio

P. S. Then, upon second thought, my small pizza oven is Red, electric and branded Ferrari, so actually I can't complain. ?

I have a 1967 MGB (pretend Ferrari) and the electrics like most British cars of that era were as unreliable as it gets. The standing joke is that Lucas Electrics had poured special smoke into the wiring and it would leak everywhere :)   I could never afford a Ferrari but I would love the experience of driving one, and of course it would have to be the Amalfi coastal route.    There is a local charity, may even be national, called Rust To Rome.  The idea is you enter with a car (old bangar) under £1000 and drive from St Andrews in Fife to Rome. Entry fee and your sponsorship goes to the given charity.  I have it in my mind that when I retire that myself and brother will take the MGB on a road trip to Rome ; it's putting a smile on my face just thinking about it. I may even paint it red!  Well, maybe, I actually like it in blue. :) 

Jim 

large.57a661414217c_MGB1967.jpg.bef065e4d6193d52d76d72b337b7b3c0.jpg

On 15/02/2019 at 11:51, FLO said:

The Primaluce Lab EAGLE CORE Control Unit is now available from FLO ? 

Control a DSLR and guide camera from your smartphone or tablet via WiFi. No need for a laptop. 

These are lovely compact little units.  Now I'm thinking RedCat 51, Eagle Core, Star Adventurer, ASI Mini.......... Full Imaging rig in a rucksack :thumbright:

13 minutes ago, RayD said:

These are lovely compact little units.  Now I'm thinking RedCat 51, Eagle Core, Star Adventurer, ASI Mini.......... Full Imaging rig in a rucksack :thumbright:

I'm sure an Eagle Core is vital to your review of the RedCat 51! 

1 hour ago, Anne S said:

I'm sure an Eagle Core is vital to your review of the RedCat 51! 

1 hour ago, gingergeek said:

Agreed.....see to it Ray !

15 minutes ago, RayD said:

I'm not sure even FLO would run to that one, Anne, but the combination is bordering on mouth watering ?

If you don’t mind reviewing it @RayD we’ll happily send you one ?

You would be doing us a favour because I confess nobody at FLO has used one yet (we added it to our website only last week because customers requested it). If you review one we will then write a new product description based on your findings. 

Steve 

29 minutes ago, FLO said:

If you don’t mind reviewing it @RayD we’ll happily send you one ?

You would be doing us a favour because I confess nobody at FLO has used one yet (we added it to our website only last week because customers requested it). If you review one we will then write a new product description based on your findings. 

Steve 

More than happy to do it, Steve.  It's fundamentally very similar to the Eagle 2, which I have used extensively, so would make a great combination to review with the RedCat on my SA.

Just now, RayD said:

More than happy to do it, Steve.  It's fundamentally very similar to the Eagle 2, which I have used extensively, so would make a great combination to review with the RedCat on my SA.

Hmmm.....I can hear my credit card starting to cry in anticipation for incoming pain.

Archived