Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2019-01-17 - Sol in Ha

PhotoGav

It has been a veeeeery long time since I did any solar imaging, but at last, my new mount is in place and I installed the side-by-side bar to load up the little Lunt next to the big C8 (well, relatively big anyway!). Wow - what a difference to the Star Adventurer! Rock solid tracking. Few grabs of disk and proms successfully made, in to AS!3, ImPPG & PS - job done...

This is my control image for all the active regions that are about to appear now I have everything ready for action!

Not the best image ever, focus seems a tad soft, but I'm happy to be Sol snapping again...

2019-01-17_Sol-FullDisk-04.thumb.png.9de9fafda73b07fcc1e2f0aed021b774.png

Here's the set up in action...

IMG_7484.thumb.JPG.2ae7beb65399be203f1936da58a03692.JPG

Nice to see the Sun Gav, as I haven't used my new Quark ( third maybe fourth replacement ) today looked like a chance to have a go as the Sun is now visible between the trees for about half an hour.

So had to set everything up from scratch, which tested the failing memory somewhat, had to guess PA aiming mount north and hoping for the best and did a one star alignment on Albireo :grin:.

Started Firecapture and it couldn't find the PG BFly camera for some reason, faffed around with it for a bit and it wanted the PG SDK downloaded god knows why as it's always worked perfectly before, damn computers,  by this time the Sun was heading for the rooftops so gave it up as a bad job, maybe tomorrow and if the sky stays clear tonight at least I can get the mount PAd.

Dave

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

Nice to see the Sun Gav, as I haven't used my new Quark ( third maybe fourth replacement )

Wow, i know theres a quark in my future, a local merchant here is offering them at $500 off the regular price but i'm afraid, after they close their doors it will mean shipping it away if there's an issue.From what you say, a good one is the luck of the draw, darn Quarks, they're praised by those who have them but it seems like a pain to get there.

Archived