NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astro themes for a study/snug - ideas?

RobertI

After long hard negotiations rivalling those of Brexit, I have finally won some valuable domestic territory in the form of a dedicated study/snug to which I can retreat when needed. Needless to say I am delighted and already planning how to lay it out and decorate. My plan is to have my astro library in there and decorate with some astro trinkets such as my small frac, and some nice astro related pictures on the wall. I have tracked down some interesting pictures of ‘Patent Design Drawings’ for observatories, telescopes, etc, from early last century, which would look nice on the wall, but also looking for other ideas. What would you put on the wall of your astro study? ?

27 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Some good ideas, I actually have a small lower quality moon globe I had forgotten about. But which astronomer? Perhaps a cluster of Herschels......

1 hour ago, Victor Boesen said:

Wow really like that one! Is it made from your own sketches?

Hi Victor,

Yes, it was one I made for a friend and was taken from observations made both in 2003 and 2016. The globe is a compilation from both apparitions using a 5" refractor and a 4" refractor respectively. 

Glad you like it! :icon_biggrin:

15 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

Hi Victor,

Yes, it was one I made for a friend and was taken from observations made both in 2003 and 2016. The globe is a compilation from both apparitions using a 5" refractor and a 4" refractor respectively. 

Glad you like it! :icon_biggrin:

Sorry Mike, I completely missed the point of the picture, the globe is superb, you must have had some wonderful nights capturing those drawings. 

Archived