Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 WIDE FIELD

Beyond_Vision

Good old M42 one target I'm sure to comeback to again and again. This is a stack of 16 x 300s combined in Pix-Insight with a stack of 8 x30s for the core.

Taken with a APM TMB 105, Televue 0.8 FF/FR, QHY8 CCD and guided with a 102mm Bresser/DSI-II using PHD. Stacked in DSS Log(Sqr Root) curves applied, Dynamic Background Extraction in Pix Insight LE and finished in PSCS3 with Noels Actions.

10108_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Regards

Kevin

Thats an amazing image Kev, that detail in the outer regions is something else. yup i know its not a dark background , its down to what ppl like , but to be truthfull that last process shows it in its real light . and its something i always like to see now , the nebulosity that surrounds these Nebs.

Great shot .

Rog

These are excellent, cant decide which I prefer, I love the way the 2nd shows off the true dirty dusty nature of Orions Sword, but am entranced by the more usual colouring in the 1st image.

One little point Kevin to satisfy my curiosity, there appears to be a tiny peak on the stars, is that a feature of the optics/imaging train/camera etc or perhaps an exposure with a bump in maybe? I ask because I had this on a couple of images, and careful checking (actually not even careful, just checking the subs which I never usually do individually) revealed one with a hiccup on it, probably where I fell asleep and kicked the mount :help: At any rate it doesnt detract from these images in any way, but i'm still comparing notes for what i pm'd you about :D

Tim

I prefer the first one Kev.

The second one has bought out a little more detail but for the expense of the black background.

Mick the the background isn't black its full of dust surrounding the nebula and extends across the whole of the bottom of the frame. :D

Regards

Kevin

I understand now Kevin. Thankyou for pointing that out.

Archived