NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Fuzzy Thing near Aldebaran

Hi guys,

Today at around 22.00 I was testing the collimation of my 130PDS after flocking.

I chose Aldebaran as a target and noticed that fuzzy thingy on the left...

I have never noticed it before... Stellarium also does not show any galaxies nearby. 
http://nova.astrometry.net also has no results....

Any ideas? 
I hope it is not the leftover of the flocking material ;) but it wouldn't be fuzzy... isn't it?
Unfortunately, I was not able to change the target as clouds came in... and even some raindrops fell on me... had to hide fast

(The pic below is a simple autostack made via SharpCap 60 frames 8s each, - ASI1600MM-Pro, using OIII filter).

P.S.

I will need to "circumcise" my focuser's tube again... still protrudes too much :(

1064177390_Aldebaran02-12-201822_00.thumb.jpg.c7c664daa4ee6bfea1010b80db034b59.jpg

Hi not sure at all, but it's in line with left hand spider line, which also has a defect on the left edge, although don't know what is going on with a fuzzy blob, if it was more rounded it might be a moisture droplet on the primary or secondary mirror, somebody on here will know maybe. Ton

9 hours ago, Thalestris24 said:

Hi

Did you create/use a flat? It could be a ghost from an unflat flat! Other than that, I've no idea!

Louise

Thanks Louise, 

I have completely forgotten about flats... Clouds/Rain made me dash to cover.

Will start from them today...

P.S.

Does SharpCap has an option to use the Flats during autostack? Interesting, never even though about it 

1 hour ago, RolandKol said:

Thanks Louise, 

I have completely forgotten about flats... Clouds/Rain made me dash to cover.

Will start from them today...

P.S.

Does SharpCap has an option to use the Flats during autostack? Interesting, never even though about it 

Hi

SharpcapPro does livestacking flats - must be worth paying for! Also there is the option to do kappa-sigma stacking which will help remove occasional artefacts. I've been trying a live stacking package called ToupSky with my gpcam v1 but it seems to hog the cpu and I will be going over to Sharpcap Pro at first opportunity!

Louise

7 hours ago, Joves said:

Comet 46p is in that general vicinity at the moment...

I have just checked the trajectory of P46... 
not in my FOV... not even close on the 8th of Dec.

Flats looks OK... maybe it was some kind of funny reflection...
Skies are clearing.... the second test is getting closer

46p4.jpg

OK... The second night! Not cloudy at all! plenty of time at last! :)

The second test shows the same fuzziness, but it traveled closer to Aldebaran!!!

1) it is not the dust on the mirrors, - flats are OK 

2) it is not the galaxy...

Was ist das? Comet? :)

Stack_32bits_62frames_496s.thumb.jpg.aec35a17bbce5da02fdc99eb9da18189.jpg

And as I wanted previously... I switched to another target, - Elnak

Sadly... I have the same fog almost in the same place....

These clouds... Sometimes leaves you with funny thoughts once you find a fuzzy thingy :)

Reflection... probably... 
It was entertaining anyway :) 

Stack_32bits_24frames_192s.thumb.jpg.88bb7d8db36d2f3d87fd5b10e3bfdd11.jpg

Archived