A quick Moonlit M45

Allinthehead

Hi. This was taken on Sunday night with the 80% moon. It was also a little low in the sky when i began so not ideal conditions and the effect on the image is obvious in noise and background colour. Still worth posting but i'll definitely return to this again this season as i've been fascinated with this cluster since i was a child.

4 hrs in 150 second subs gain 50 -5 deg

Asi 071mc through a Tak Epsilon 130

Processed in APP, PI and PS.

Richard.

M45_stars.thumb.jpg.6b36a9aa4e5c1402d2c2121856acfef8.jpg

22 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Still a nice deep image Richard. Look forward to what you can do when the conditions are ideal. 

Thanks Adam. 

20 hours ago, Petergoodhew said:

Just 4 hours at 80% moon - that's what I call impressive!  Most of us wouldn't attempt LRGB in such conditions.  Maybe we should!

Thanks Peter. I still wouldn't recommend it. I was just too lazy to switch to my mono camera.

5 hours ago, Laurin Dave said:

Very nice Richard, lovely small stars and nicely framed..  Hopefully you'll get some clear nights in 10 days or so for a moonless version which we can all enjoy.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I'll do my best.

5 hours ago, Rodd said:

Wow!  How the heck do you do that (capture broadband) during a bright Moon?  maybe I need to rethink my aversion to pursuing LRGB when the Moon is out.  that would be a welcome change

Rodd

Thanks Rodd. Definitely has an impact on the background and star colour seems a little off too. 

10 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Thanks Rodd. Definitely has an impact on the background and star colour seems a little off too. 

I do see the little mottles and patchy areas--but only at full res.  Mine usually is much worse.  It won't take very much more data to fill in the holes.  Its different for me.  I am at 585 5min subs on M78 and still have blochiness.  

Rodd

Yes, indeed. Excellent image. It encourages me to get processing the M45 images I took on Saturday night under a bright moon just for the sake of doing something while I tested a new LynxAstro FTDI EQDIR USB Adapter. I wasn't going to bother but now I see yours I might give it a whirl. 

Woah! ....just Woah! ?

By the way, thanks a lot, I finally finish processing an image that has taken me weeks, think it's quite good, then I open this post to see such a fantastically stunning shot! Makes mine look like it was shot with an uncooled dslr on a camera tripod near Wimbledon Common ....Geez.......LOL!

Way to go Richard ?

David

On 21/11/2018 at 19:10, tomato said:

Great result, I think it demonstrates that with limited clear skies on these isles, it’s worth taking every opportunity to image, even under less than ideal conditions.

Thanks. Ya if it's clear outside i'll be out regardless. 

23 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

Yes, indeed. Excellent image. It encourages me to get processing the M45 images I took on Saturday night under a bright moon just for the sake of doing something while I tested a new LynxAstro FTDI EQDIR USB Adapter. I wasn't going to bother but now I see yours I might give it a whirl. 

Thanks. Do give it a whirl and throw up the result.

23 hours ago, peter shah said:

a beauty 

Thank you Peter.

20 hours ago, David_L said:

Woah! ....just Woah! ?

By the way, thanks a lot, I finally finish processing an image that has taken me weeks, think it's quite good, then I open this post to see such a fantastically stunning shot! Makes mine look like it was shot with an uncooled dslr on a camera tripod near Wimbledon Common ....Geez.......LOL!

Way to go Richard ?

David

Terribly sorry David?

I'll look out for your version 

1 hour ago, Allinthehead said:

Thanks. Ya if it's clear outside i'll be out regardless. 

Thanks. Do give it a whirl and throw up the result.

Thank you Peter.

Terribly sorry David?

I'll look out for your version 

LOL - my image was of M31 and I'm quite happy with it - but your image above is a different level of quality all together ?

Archived