Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dead laptop - Almost lost the entire night.. but had backed this one up..

NickH

Laptop died last night, after 4 years of sterling service, it's gone...ho hum. Luckily I back up everything (pretty much) on a weekly basis, so not much harm done, just a pain to install everything again on the backup lappy..

Anyway.. before the HDD decidd to completely kick the bucket, I salvaged the main session from last night (lost M45 and M35 though), but, the main target was The Monkey's Head..

5.5 hours total imaging, 3.5 in H-A, and 2 hous in oIII, stopped at 4am, as the clouds were then inbound.

Imaged using Atik 314L/art capture, and the Astronomik H-A and Lumicon OIII filters, on the TT filter wheel. Composited in Maxim DL, and then processd in CS2 (all of which I have no now install again...aaagggh)

Coloured in CS2 using Noels actions to synth the SII channel (ish)

9936_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Thanks everyone for the comments

It got worse... the back up laptop died...

Thankfully all the data is backed up on an external drive (which I have now also backed up from itself)..

Taken 2 days to get back to any normality...still have loads of drivers and apps to re-install.

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Archived