Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pacman in Hubble Palette

Skipper Billy

Pacman Nebula from last night. 2 hours Ha, 1.5 hours SII, 1.5 hours OIII. Takahashi 106EDXIIII, Atik460EXMono, Atik EFW3, Baader 2" Narrowband filters, Avalon Linear Fast Reverse mount guided by Evostar and Atik GP with PHD2. Fully calibrated with darks, bias and flats and processed in Pixinsight in 'Hubble Palette' with tweaks in Photoshop. Quite 'noisy' in places - could do with about triple the data but its a start!!

SHO_Hubble_palette_PACMANworkingcopy2.tif

PACMAN_JPEG_FINISHED.jpg

Amazing image! The data looks awesome on PS. I made a few adjustments to the image to better suit my tastes:

I decreased the Greens in the image and increased the golds. I reduced the purple stars (a bit, I think they give the image more character :) ) and decreased the size of the stars surrounding the nebula, making it pop out more. I would love to move onto a cooled, mono camera!

SHO_Hubble_palette_PACMANworkingcopy2 from Joe^^.tif

1096967462_SHO_Hubble_palette_PACMANworkingcopy2fromJoe.thumb.jpg.e715e296c1a50c0c9ae537f48f093d44.jpg

1 hour ago, Skipper Billy said:

Pacman Nebula from last night. 2 hours Ha, 1.5 hours SII, 1.5 hours OIII. Takahashi 106EDXIIII, Atik460EXMono, Atik EFW3, Baader 2" Narrowband filters, Avalon Linear Fast Reverse mount guided by Evostar and Atik GP with PHD2. Fully calibrated with darks, bias and flats and processed in Pixinsight in 'Hubble Palette' with tweaks in Photoshop. Quite 'noisy' in places - could do with about triple the data but its a start!!

SHO_Hubble_palette_PACMANworkingcopy2.tif

Lovely work Billy, that's one of my favourite targets. :) 

Jim 

Very nice indeed David. The Atik must be very sensitive to pick up that amount in such a short time.

ps - Couldn't help but have a wee play in PS myself  (although with it being already processed to near completion there is obviously only so much that can be done). This is a target i really need to get to myself at some point, and with it being so well placed right now, i should probably do it sooner rather than later. Thanks for posting the .tif! 

Skipper Billy Pacman.jpg

Such an interesting capture of this object - I really like the way you re-processed it avoiding the bloat/blotchiness on the stars seen in joeistotallycool and john2y 's versions (although a good steer to bring out more detail on the right of the object)

Xiga's version is very good, moving the lower nebula colour towards the red a bit which has really brought out the detail against the darker black.

Perhaps something between Xiga's and yours?

Regardless - great image ?

David

(Edit: Having looked again I prefer your background to Xiga's. I know space is black but it your processing gives the impression of throwing a bit of the nebula colour out into the surrounding area - making it look "more natural" to me.)

Archived