Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.



  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

245 Excellent

About john2y

  • Rank
    Star Forming

Profile Information

  • Location
    Brno, Czech Republic
  1. It looks like a really nice image but I'd definitely crop out the stacked edges, also try to denoise it a little less, a little noise is better than completely smoothed out image
  2. So about two months ago I did a widefield of the Cepheus using my Canon 6D and Samyang 135mm. Out of curiosity I cropped the Shark out of the image, using dynamic align I align it with my luminance data, then I really strongly denoised it and combined it to make LRGB image and even though it looks bad as an image it looks good as a preview of what I'm gonna get when I'll be done with it
  3. You got good data but something wrong has happend during processing, using deconvolution you've managed to produce some artifacts that look like a white thread and the stars are really deformed possibly due to excessive use of star reduction. Try some reprocessing it I believe you'll get much better result
  4. It looks like really nice image but try to reduce the chrominance noise either in Pixi using MLT or photoshop using Luminance denoise and cranking up the color noise reduction.
  5. Thank you for the compliment but it wouldn't be possible without such good data about the noise, try cutting the exposures a little, it might be that but I don't think so, I use asi1600mm and I do 8min exposures but as I've said the data looks solid so you'll just need some experimenting, you could also add more data, that always helps if you're not running 40 hours already . About the processing it just takes practise, I usually try to process at least one image per day, even the same one over and over. Practise makes it best
  6. This is what I've come up with, I've never seen data so clean, so well applied flat and everything and yet I had trouble denoising it which quite suprises me and I don't know the cause of that. I started by resampling it by 50% then manual DBE, TGVDenoise, LRGB combination as HOO, Masked stretch, Lum mask and playing with curves, Range mask and another curves and then ACDNR for smothing the background. What filters are you using, they seem really good. I'm asking as I use ZWO and they're not the best.
  7. This is an awesome image but I can't help but notice the vertical banding. If you're using Pixinsight for processing, try Canon Banding Reduction script, it should get rid of all the bands otherwise it's an excellent result
  8. Sorry for tinkering with your data, I just wanna show what I ment, background does shine, it's not pitch black but it also doesn't shine like the nebula in front of it. If you look at your image, the background in the center is black but outside isn't. I did manually DBE (and yes there was a gradient from the center to the edges) and then just applied inverted luminance mask and using curves I slightly lowerd saturation and brightness of the background. It's jpeg so it's not ideal but you get the gist.
  9. First post was updated with a preview of the mosaic
  10. I know you were trying to pull as much nebulosity as possible but the background doesn't shine like that, what program do you use for processing? It also looks like your flat didn't apply correctly as the edges are much brighter than the center of the image. Overall the data looks really nice so it would be shame if you didn't give the processing another go
  11. Thank you for the tip! I'm looking into it and just from what I've tried in pixi just to see what's it about I really like it. Thank you, I googled few images and I know exactly what you mean
  12. This image consists of 4 widefield panels taken with Samyang 135mm on Canon 6D this year in Chile while I was visiting for the eclipse. Under really dark skies it is a naked eye object.
  13. Hey guys, few weeks ago I started shooting the Wizard nebula in narrowband so I could process it in SHO. I was originally planning on doing 10 hours per channel but then I've decided to cut the times short as I started a different project which is much bigger than this one (the Dark shark nebula) I ended up with 6 hours of Ha and 2 hours of Oiii and Sii each. Processed it in Pixi and even though the image is noisy and the stars look terrible, it's done. Next time I'll try to do better. Cheers Jan
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.