Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging Challenge #19 - SNRs and PNs

The theme for the 19th challenge - October 2018 - is Supernovae Remnants and Planetary Nebulae!

Start Date: 1st October 2018
End Date: 31st December 2018

Rules: The theme is supernova remnants and planetary nebulae so we are looking forward to beautiful captures of objects like M1, M27, M57 and the Veil nebula.

Prize: A personalised mug for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places featuring your image kindly provided by our sponsors FLO :) and a virtual trophy for your signature.

--

RULES

All data must be captured and processed by you (no collaborative entries). 
Data must be captured during the challenge start & end dates. 
Multiple entries are allowed but please start a new topic for each entry. 
Multiple submissions of the same image, processed differently, will not be accepted.

--

To enter please start a new topic with your image in the ‘Imaging Challenge #19' forum (each challenge will have it’s own). Please post as much information as possible - when it was taken, how it was captured and processed, etc. The info won't necessarily be used for judging but will help fellow SGLers looking to learn and improve their knowledge and technique.

• Like 1

Just now, Stub Mandrel said:

Curses! They've all disappeared behind the Evil Tree ® © TM already! (Except M1!)

I'm sure there will be some others out there that are visible? That's just my quick list of more obvious ones...

Just now, Grant said:

I'm sure there will be some others out there that are visible? That's just my quick list of more obvious ones...

There are plenty, you just happened to list the ones I've lost for this year ?

Shame is only one of my four sessions on the Veil counts (October)!

7 minutes ago, catburglar said:

Just for clarification.........M1 and Veil Nebula are SNR's , M27 and M57 are planetary nebulae.  So is this challenge for both or just the SNR's as per the title?

That’ll teach me to rush to catch up and launch this months challenge! ?

I’ll change it to include both planetary nebula and supernova remnants - that should give more objects for people to have a go at...

• Grant pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

I had been doing that while the challenge period was still open and left an edit line saying that. So assumed it was OK as the challenge was still open and it is only one processed version of the image actually entered. So I hope it was OK.