NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tried for a full disc mosaic

Ant

Hello,

After my time spent with M45 on Tuesday and all the issues that I had. I decided that it would be sill to go to bed when the moon at past last quarter had just risen.

This is the best time of year to see / image the last quarter. This image is a a 13 pane mosaic taken with the Skymax127 and the DMK21 at prime focus. Each pane is a 30 second AVI at 30 FPS. So each AVI is around 900 frames. During the stacking process the quality was set to 90% and anywhere between 700 and 900+ frames were used.

Processed each AVI in Registax, tweaked each pane to the same settings. Then a merge in IMERGE, then back into Registax for a little final tweak.

Again around 3.5 Gb of Avi's for one image :shock:

It's quite nice, but next time I'll remember the barlow :)

9699_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Ant

Lovely mosaic Ant. :)

That is great, Ant. So much detail and no sign of the joins - excellent! :D

Trev

Speaking of joins, until last week, it's always been a struggle for me to get a decent mosaic out of Imerge. Then I discovered the "feather" function Doh!

• 1 month later...

Cheers guys.

I was quite chuffed with it when I finished putting the mosaic together. There was a hell of a lot of "wasted" area though - I guess that it's better that way than to end up with a little missing...

Yeah I'm looking forward to having another go with the 180 :)

Ant

Archived