Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I spent an hour with a big bird.....

Tim

...and I'm not talking about the Mrs......

Tues night was astonishingly clear and after a carp day at work I decided to spend some time doing something I enjoy. That turned into an all nighter, and these are the images.

First target was the Pelican Nebula. For this one I was using the Orion astrograph, this time with the Baader MPCC in place. I dont know if something was slightly off centre in the alignment of the camera, or what was wrong, but although the MPCC flattened the field to a lot closer to the edges, the stars were all sorts of wierd and wonderful shapes, some stretched, other parts of the frame stretched in another direction, some showing as double stars somehow. At any rate, the first few targets were spoiled really by this, as you will see. At least the potential of the Orion on large Ha targets was demonstrated.

So it went like this as the night went on:

Pelican nebula

Butterfly nebula & sadr

Flaming star (not processed yet)

At this point I switched to using the little WO72 with MkII FR. Glad I did.

Another hour of flaming star

One shot only (180secs) of a wierd looking light that was partially blocked by the rooftop. Any ideas what it is? if you guys dont know I'm gonna send it to an astromag, maybe Astronomy Now and see if its a new object.

Finally, the rest of the night was spent on the Rosette Nebula. The waning half moon was still a bit bright really, and the subs showed that, but I think the result is reasonable from the little Williams Optics and Canon 350D. Jpegs below, all reduced in size and quality, I really should find somewhere to upload the full size piccies!

Cheers

TJ

9677_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

9678_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

9679_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

9680_normal.jpeg

(Send to Astronomy now? :laughing3: )

9681_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Thanks for looking

That's a hell of a nights work TJ. You're certainly putting your heart and soul into your Imaging

mate.

What a quintet of objects, every one a gem. I admire your dedication, and your success is well deserved.

I would send all of them to AN. :mrgreen:

Ron. :)

Archived