Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Couldn't resist..

RiponJas

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Steve, really not the type of person to be awkward. But as I said my issues often outweigh common sense. I know deep down its the same item. 

I do appreciate your help here. Makes me realise you deserve the credit the community gives your company. This was my first order with you. And there will be more based on your reaction. 

3 minutes ago, RiponJas said:

Cheers Steve, really not the type of person to be awkward. But as I said my issues often outweigh common sense. I know deep down its the same item. 

It is the same item but I completely understand. Us OCD types must stick together ??

Steve 

It is after hours so I am posting from home but when we reopen tomorrow we will discount the 8mm model (the one with the AstroEssentials logo) and offer it alongside the regular branded one, until they are all sold. 

The 8mm is the most popular focal length ? 

1 hour ago, FLO said:

Not sure what to think. My gut feeling is BST StarGuider eyepieces should stay 'BST StarGuiders' but a number of other retailers have branded them. Perhaps we should too. Does anyone have a preference? 

If the specifications are the same for everyone then I think it is better that they all have the same name. If, however, you can make some changes to the specification that would make yours a better eyepiece then a different name to differentiate between the two models would make sense. For instance my gut feeling is that the coatings in my "Skywatcher" Nirvana are better than those in the Starguiders despite both being manufactured by the same company. 

2 hours ago, RiponJas said:

Well the 8mm turned up today. Been a while and to be honest I'm a bit miffed. Looks the same but doesn't have Starguider branding, it says Astroessentials instead. Really not doing my ocd any good. Doesn't match. Have messaged FLO to see what they say.. When I ordered a matching set I expect to receive a matching set. _20180926_172533.thumb.JPG.a2eee87eb7bb771ee30ab912cd1a459e.JPG

Hmmnnnn......your lucky you got any branding at all. When I had my 5mm BST (Just recently sold) it didn’t even say any branding name on it, just ED5mm! ;) 

23 hours ago, FLO said:

It is after hours so I am posting from home but when we reopen tomorrow we will discount the 8mm model (the one with the AstroEssentials logo) and offer it alongside the regular branded one, until they are all sold. 

The 8mm is the most popular focal length ? 

Been looking out for these... ?

• 2 months later...

Archived