Astro mod DSLR

Brian28

I'm looking to buy an Astro modified Canon 600D , can anyone point me in the rightmost direction to obtain one please .. 

i have messages Cheapastro but had no reply .. .. 

cheers Brian 

1 hour ago, Brian28 said:

I'm looking to buy an Astro modified Canon 600D , can anyone point me in the rightmost direction to obtain one please .. 

i have messages Cheapastro but had no reply .. .. 

cheers Brian 

Hi, 

I had my camera modified at CheapAstro and could not recommend more highly. When I sent my camera off it was returned in only a few days.

It is, however,only a business on the side so sometime does take a day or two to reply and I guess could be on holiday so I would not give up on him.

Steve

Ok thanks Steve , did you have an email address for him , as I replied via the web page , but my iPad does some funny things sometimes and doesn't actually send anything .. so I would rather send an email direct ..  if poss 

Brian 

• 2 months later...

I have made a 305£ purchase through the website yesterday. Not recieved any order confirmation about my purchase. I sent 2 messages through the Mail form on the website and still no answer. Is the website still active? I saw that his Yahoo Mail was mentioned here so I have sent him an email now. 

Juan (Cheap astro) has a better-than-excellent reputation on these forums. 

Bear in mind it is not his primary business and hopefully all will be sorted soon. 

Ady - another happy customer 

2 minutes ago, superkoax said:

I can gladly tell that Juan contacted med this evening. So stoked to get the camera :) 

I was about worries when no feedback/confirmation was sent to me. All good now :)

Glad to hear. Good timing for Orion, and possibly the horsehead, depending on scope/mount? What do you have? 

Ady

10 minutes ago, adyj1 said:

Glad to hear. Good timing for Orion, and possibly the horsehead, depending on scope/mount? What do you have? 

Ady

I have a small refractor Ts Optics apo 70mm and a Vx advance mount, so I think I would get som decent pictures with this. Unfortunately The weather forecast isnt that good. 

Looking forwarid to when I have everything needed. I am looking for some filters also. Any recommendations there, Ady? (If I dont reply imediately, I have driftes into sleepmode :P)

10 minutes ago, superkoax said:

I have a small refractor Ts Optics apo 70mm and a Vx advance mount, so I think I would get som decent pictures with this. Unfortunately The weather forecast isnt that good. 

Looking forwarid to when I have everything needed. I am looking for some filters also. Any recommendations there, Ady? (If I dont reply imediately, I have driftes into sleepmode :P)

Nice kit - will be interested to see how you get on. 

As for filters, I'm not there yet - maybe someone else can recommend the next step...

12 hours ago, adyj1 said:

Nice kit - will be interested to see how you get on. 

As for filters, I'm not there yet - maybe someone else can recommend the next step...

Thanks, I Thanks this setup will do nicely...for a while ;) I will probably make a new thread about filters. I understand that HA filters is a must regarding details in nebulas, so...I LP filters is something I need to check also. LP filters come ond offeret qualities, I am on a budget as well :)

17 minutes ago, superkoax said:

Thanks, I Thanks this setup will do nicely...for a while ;) I will probably make a new thread about filters. I understand that HA filters is a must regarding details in nebulas, so...I LP filters is something I need to check also. LP filters come ond offeret qualities, I am on a budget as well :)

I guess it depends on your light pollution, but filters are definitely not a 'must' - for cheap astrophotography they are not necessary. I have many very pleasing images (including the Horsehead Nebula shot below that got framed by family at Christmas) that were taken with a modest tracking mount, 150PDS and an astromodified Canon with no filters. 

Sure, things can always be improved, but don't splash out until you've found the limits of your current setup...

(normal excuses apply for attached shot - I'm still learning, I only use free processing software, I'm not very good at processing, the dog ate my homework, that sort of thing ?  )

Flame and Horsehead 1300D ISO1600 22m 11x2m.jpg

NB - this was before I got a coma corrector - I forgot that excuse!

NNB - oh, and this was taken with a loan Canon 1300D modified by Juan ? 

1 hour ago, adyj1 said:

I guess it depends on your light pollution, but filters are definitely not a 'must' - for cheap astrophotography they are not necessary. I have many very pleasing images (including the Horsehead Nebula shot below that got framed by family at Christmas) that were taken with a modest tracking mount, 150PDS and an astromodified Canon with no filters. 

Sure, things can always be improved, but don't splash out until you've found the limits of your current setup...

(normal excuses apply for attached shot - I'm still learning, I only use free processing software, I'm not very good at processing, the dog ate my homework, that sort of thing ?  )

Flame and Horsehead 1300D ISO1600 22m 11x2m.jpg

NB - this was before I got a coma corrector - I forgot that excuse!

NNB - oh, and this was taken with a loan Canon 1300D modified by Juan ? 

Nice shot :) Looking forward to getting my hands on my camera from Juan ? 

can you tell me why the picture is lighter in the rightside? Is that light pollution?

1 hour ago, lnlarxg said:

I have just sent my 550d to Juan yesterday, glad to hear his reputation is excellent and have many happy customers.

I just bought s 550d from Juan :) Hope to get it soon :) Weather forevist is not good, so i sm not in a hurry :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/10/2018 at 19:35, lnlarxg said:

I have just sent my 550d to Juan yesterday, glad to hear his reputation is excellent and have many happy customers.

I have received my 550d modded by Juan on the 5th Nov. The whole transaction took no more than 6days

seamless and no hassles. Camera working as it should, received back well packaged and he put the removed filter in a little zip bag. can’t wait to try out my first modded DSLR session!

Archived