SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn Tonight 21.30 16-8-18

xtreemchaos

Really nice, I love how clear the cloud bands are at the moment. ?

I didn't get too look at Saturn last night, I was taking part in a fist fight between my tracking motors, myself and PHD2, which won the day by declaring that RA osc was 0.00. :D :D :D 

Did you get to see Mars?

John

thanks John, yes I did but mars wasn't showing much detail so by midnight I gave up trying to image it, Saturn was lovely through the ep very sharp, you would think mars would of been the same being 3 times closer , mars has allways been a problem for me , I havnt got one good pic of it yet but I live in hope. well done for getting PHD working, I find it has a mind of its own. wishing you clear .  charl

Just now, xtreemchaos said:

thanks MG, yes agreed mate it was nice through the EP, mars was poor here detail wise. hope you caught it. clear skys. charl.

Oh Charl... Mars is feature poor everywhere... very subtle details in the eyepiece.

Archived