SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SOLARSPHERE Astronomy Festival - A fantastic star camp!

SAF

Hi Everyone!  

SOLARSPHERE ASTRONOMICAL & MUSIC FESTIVAL is just around the corner!   AUGUST 10th-13th sees many Astronomers and budding Astronomers enjoying this wonderful star camp in Wales.   Please read the 'About Me' section on our profile to learn about what we do :)   

VISIT:  www.solarsphere.events for full details about the event

EMAIL:  sarah.stagefright@gmail.com for queries. 

Hope to see you there! :D 

• Like 6

Thanks, will ad onto the calendar :)  

Re day passes...   we only have weekend passes as we're limited to numbers, however, if we still have spaces w can release a few day passes nearer to the time, but will only do this probably the week before.  Best to check the website for this :) www.solarsphere.events

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

We were at our first Solarsphere this year, and it was really good. Here's the comment I put on their Facebook page.

"If Carlsberg did star parties...
They wouldn't be a patch on Solarsphere. Such a great bunch, and sooo friendly. 
Having 8 year olds checking your wristband going into the talks is just one indication of what a 'different' festival this one is.
What's noticeable is the fact that there are really high profile speakers prepared to come to talk with us, but you get the feeling it's not just another speaking engagement for them, and they're really approachable.
So massive thanks to everyone involved. 
A couple of weeks ago we were at Bluedot, which was great; but this was ... something special."

• Like 1

On 15/08/2018 at 10:17, JimothyC said:

Only just seen this, sorry I missed it. Looked great. 

Hopefully they'll do another next year.

Bookings open on 1st September I think - book early and get it at 2018 prices (£45 per person including camping), the price goes up to £50 at the end of November (£20 / £25 for ages 13-16 year olds) - very family friendly. 

https://www.facebook.com/solarsphere/

• 11 months later...