NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Unplanned new baby frac due soon.

Apparently there were 4 Sky Watcher Equinox models. 

Father 120,  Mother 100, Junior 80, ... and Baby 66. All ED.

Baby turned up on ebay in her cot, er case. An unwanted cute little 400mm refractor, smaller version of the 80 older sister. Irresistible. Mine now, just waiting for her arrival. ? ???

Photos from interweb.  

66-2.jpg

IMG_0037_thumb.jpg

Seems like all your tubes are fully functioning.   (  Who knows, you might get a shock and end up with a set of binos !!  )

Hopefully the delivery will be less than 9 months.  

Seems same optics as some other ED 66s, but I just like the Equinox form factor.

Like other some short fracs, rotatable focuser means it can be dials-up clearing tube slide space. 

Also I'm a collectionist. Just as well there is not a 150 Equinox ? 

2 hours ago, John said:

Or any of your equipment actually ?

I have a frozen left shoulder according to my physio from wear and tear, and a few mishaps which limits weights, sizes etc I can carry with both arms etc. So smaller & lighter kit is what is most comfortable to use at present. Big OTAs i.e dobs usually a no-no at risk of injury &/or breakage. My TV Genesis, and the Tak maybe on a lighter mount would be OK. But every day and night varies. 

2 hours ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

They are lovely travel scopes or quick grab and go. I had a William Optics SD66 and it was fantastic just taking away on holiday. I remember from a dark site having a great view of M101.

Going to keep mine with its own little kit in the car for both spotting and sky. The 80 is a home scope but still g&g.

Hmm, a 40mm for 10x finder, barlow, and a zoom with the WO diagonal to start. With smaller, sub-100 fracs, those neoprene telescopic photo lens covers fit well. Just need a Fuji X T-ring and it's a digi-scope too ?

Archived