Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hyper tuning

Anyone had i done? and is it a marked improvement?. I went to look at the moon last night and my mount was all over the shop ot some reason, even had some clicking noise coming from it and it would not slew properly at all, I havnt had a chance to look at it yet and hope I dont need a new mount but came across a firm that overhauls the mount (think it was roughly £400). wondered has anyone had it done

I just did it myself on the neq6. I was fitting a belt mod so I had it to bits anyway. I guess though that paying a company to carry out the work means that any issues will be dealt with by them and its the experience that you are paying for.

Mark.

RVO belt modded my HEq5 and did a really good job.  They redrilled things and sorted out a yukkie rust issue that externally I was unaware of. ( I think a previous owner must have left it open to the elements.)

Yep I had a Stellardrive tune done by Dark Frame on my AZ EQ6 and it is very very good.  Whether it is worth the money only your wallet and original state of your mount will tell, but for me it was well worth it.

Ah thanks guys, yes it was darkframe I think. I dont want to buy a new mount and the one I got is quite old which I bought 2nd hand so its done a bit of mileage, I did change it to belts when I had it but knowing me prob didnt do a very good job so think I will send it off ...... EDIT just had the side plate off and theres a crack in the belt so as its going round its jumping slightly

Cheers

Archived