Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Best Saturn to Date!

orion25

Ok. I've been spending a lot of time on Venus and Jupiter lately. Now, it's time for Saturn! As we know, it's approaching opposition later this month but the weather has been "pants" here lately with alternating nights of lingering clouds from daytime thunderstorms. Sooo, I took advantage of a recent late clear night to focus on the Ringed Planet with my Big Mak (180mm), barlow and Deep Space Cam, processed in Registax 6/Photoshop. Transparency was particularly good, seeing was average. The first pic is with the Orion Shorty 2x barlow and the second is without:

554603891_ASTRONOMY-SATURN(DSC)6-08-18B.thumb.jpg.932d53325e40a3967c0af558039da10a.jpg

1684987026_ASTRONOMY-SATURN(DSC)6-08-18.thumb.jpg.1e39a6bd1cdb309f2e9ce49ed54d13b2.jpg 

Cheers!

Reggie :icescream:

2 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

Nice Saturn.

Thanks, Mars. I wish I had more elevation (34 degrees). I'm going to get some more images at opposition (weather permitting). I envy your location!

You find Registax 6 easy to use?

Downloaded it the other night, and not had a chance to play with it yet

How many frames you take, and duration of each frame

U also do equal dark light as well

Had the Solarmax out on the week-end, and again no sunspot activity

Red Dwarf, you check out link for Star Stuff weekend 7-8 July in Byron, since u just down the road

John

9 hours ago, cletrac1922 said:

You find Registax 6 easy to use?

Downloaded it the other night, and not had a chance to play with it yet

How many frames you take, and duration of each frame

U also do equal dark light as well

Had the Solarmax out on the week-end, and again no sunspot activity

Red Dwarf, you check out link for Star Stuff weekend 7-8 July in Byron, since u just down the road

John

Hi, John. Registax 6 is pretty convenient for me. I shoot video with my Orion Deep Space Camera II and Orion 5MP Solar System Camera, between 10 and 60 seconds usually, and process it. I don't use darks, flats or bias frames. I tinker around with settings on Registax: alignment, number of video frames to stack, wavelet adjustments, gamma curve, etc. It didn't take long to get the hang of things. I process images fairly quickly using the video method.

Reggie

Archived