Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Barns

Demonperformer

I am looking for receommendations of UK-astro-holiday places that provide on-site imaging equipment for guests to use - like a UK "Les Granges".

Any suggestions?

I don't want anyone falling foul of the "no advertising" rules of SGL, so, if you would prefer to respond by PM, that's fine.

Thanks.

[In case anyone is puzzled by the title, I just asked google to translate "Les Granges" into English (get it?) and that is (as Churchill would have said) up with what it came.]

Stayed at Astro Adventures quite a while ago, couple of times. Recommended, nice timber lodges, good equipment, enthusiastic people with lots of knowledge.  If you get a good night the area is/was dark, no lights, surrounding buildings far enough away.  A search on SGL will find other posts.

5 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

I am looking for receommendations of UK-astro-holiday places that provide on-site imaging equipment for guests to use - like a UK "Les Granges".

Any suggestions?

I don't want anyone falling foul of the "no advertising" rules of SGL, so, if you would prefer to respond by PM, that's fine.

Thanks.

[In case anyone is puzzled by the title, I just asked google to translate "Les Granges" into English (get it?) and that is (as Churchill would have said) up with what it came.]

Oh dear, 'The Barns' doesn't sound too salubrious, does it?? ? The French name hides a multitude of sins!

I once had a stall at the AGM of the Federation of Astrosocs. A gent came over and had a look then asked me if I was Les. I said, a bit puzzled, 'No, that's my father in law. Do you know him? I'm Olly.'

He said, 'No, you know, Les. Les Granges.'

Olly

I went to Eddington Lodge on the North Cornwall coast last year. Nice accommodation and good facilities for visual and imaging. The clincher was two clear nights on the trot in April, how lucky was that?

On 09/06/2018 at 10:15, LightBucket said:

That looked really nice, I did not know it existed...and was considering a week myself...but then I read that they allow pets....so a no go for me....I won’t stay anywhere where they allow pets... :( :(

We found the lodges (have stayed in both) spotless and am sure if asked you could stay in a period when pets were not in the other lodge,  hope that's helpful.

Archived