SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Where am I, Vol 1

Rodd

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Rodd said:

Your welcome.  What else can we do during weeks and weeks of cloudy weather!

Rodd

It's actually quite sunny here. Even during the night. But I'm not into solar imaging.

5 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Buy stuff. I find buying stuff helps :) like a 1600mm 

Window shopping only, unfortunately. But I may make a few small investments by the time darkness returns.

12 minutes ago, Rodd said:

How about this one.  

Crop.jpg.529bb1af67a7c7322d71eb645db3f3e2.jpg

Looks almost like another section of the Heart nebula, but probably isn't. The palette suggests a narrowband target, though. The soul nebula, perhaps?

5 minutes ago, wimvb said:

The soul nebula, perhaps?

No...This one is much less frequently seen I think, though this particular feature is in the main portion, which is often imaged by itself.

Rodd

1 hour ago, Rodd said:

No...This one is much less frequently seen I think, though this particular feature is in the main portion, which is often imaged by itself.

Rodd

Searched the net for narrow band candidates. Found a lot of interesting targets, some of which I may image in the future. But couldn't find this detail. Btw, the dark structure looks very much like the snake nebula, but it's in the wrong place.

4 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Searched the net for narrow band candidates. Found a lot of interesting targets, some of which I may image in the future. But couldn't find this detail. Btw, the dark structure looks very much like the snake nebula, but it's in the wrong place.

This feature can be seen from the blue highway, the one you take to see the Lions

Rodd

1 minute ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Yep.

Yes, that one was rather easy.

2 hours ago, Rodd said:

How about this one.  

Crop.jpg.529bb1af67a7c7322d71eb645db3f3e2.jpg

Sh2-132

I "cheated" again, but it was a tough one

Archived