Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Where am I, Vol 1

Rodd

I thought this might be fun--who can identify the DSO that the attached crop belongs to?  I started with what I believe to be an easy one, just to see if folks are interested.   The trick is to make it hard enough without making it impossible--which would be quite easy to do, and would foil the purpose. The scale of the crop was not been altered by me, but it seems to have been enlarged by the web page upon upload.  I have no idea what it will look like under full resolution.  In any case--that is not the intended level of observation for this endeavor.  

h75-CROP.jpg.95f86190cbe4e3d14679cd40a6768a9f.jpg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Nice initiative. I guess platesolving is cheating, that would be too easy.

My wild guess: part of the North America/Pelican complex.

A bit closer, but nope.

Rodd

PS...yes plate solving is not permitted.

6 hours ago, wimvb said:

Nice initiative. I guess platesolving is cheating, that would be too easy.

My wild guess: part of the North America/Pelican complex.

Yes I admit I went down the plate solving route when I couldn't work out for myself, but like you decided that wasn't in the spirit of the challenge so will sit this one out, and hats off to whoever gets it on their own merits.

What ever it is-nice image.  How the heck do you get that silky smooth background faint emission that does not look grainy.  Beats me.

Looks Pacmanish to me.

Rodd

2 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

10 hrs at f3.3 is probably why ?

But that looks like a long focal length--or longish.  Is that the Samyang?  Is that 135mm--like a 5" scope?  

Rodd

26 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

No that's was with my Epsilon 130.

Wow.  That's about the best LRGB image I've seen or this target.  And that means the first image you posted was Lum?  Even more impressive.

Riodd

Archived