SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn 5/27/2018

Ahgii

Hello! I tried imaging saturn last night along with jupiter (already posted jupiter results). It was the first time i could use my new 8 incher and my DSLR for planetary imaging. Info was captured at f/10, probably a little low for saturn but for jupiter it was alright, atmospheric conditions didn't allow for more than that really. I was pleased with the results. Please give me your feedback, Clear skies!

Saturn 2018 Improved (1 of 1).jpg

12 hours ago, Arcturus D said:

This is a very nice image. Is this a short snapshot and represents what you actually saw or was it a longer exposure.?If it's a snapshot, then your scope is doing really well.

Wouldn’t be long exposure but may be stacked video frames. Seems like it may be a single frame though which is, as you say, very impressive.

On 02/06/2018 at 00:11, Stu said:

Wouldn’t be long exposure but may be stacked video frames. Seems like it may be a single frame though which is, as you say, very impressive.

It was just a 5 second video because i wasn't really sure how to use backyard EOS and somehow missed the frame number box and let it sit at 0.... I wasn't very proud of the saturn but jupiter came out alright.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived