SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Plans for tonight?

ShrewView

As its supposed to be clear for much of the UK tonight and tomorrow morning I've been trying to plan my nights observing.

Top of my list so far are some of the messier objects I've not caught before like M83 which I should just be able to get among the trees on the local horizon.

I've also noticed that there is a grazing transit of Ganymede at about 2ish and Mars is pretty close to M75 and in my scopes at least should appear in the same field of view at around 100x.

So plenty of choice. Anyone got any others they'll be going for?

22 hours ago, ShrewView said:

As its supposed to be clear for much of the UK tonight and tomorrow morning I've been trying to plan my nights observing.

Top of my list so far are some of the messier objects I've not caught before like M83 which I should just be able to get among the trees on the local horizon.

I've also noticed that there is a grazing transit of Ganymede at about 2ish and Mars is pretty close to M75 and in my scopes at least should appear in the same field of view at around 100x.

So plenty of choice. Anyone got any others they'll be going for?

I'm just down the road from you in Welshpool. I spent most of last night on Cygnus, Canes Venatici and Bootes. I had a grand time.

24 minutes ago, Ally8446 said:

I'm just down the road from you in Welshpool. I spent most of last night on Cygnus, Canes Venatici and Bootes. I had a grand time.

Great stuff.

It was a good one alright. I ended up being a bit ambitious with my list of targets but still caught a good few Messiers and then time on Jupiter and later Saturn. Struggled with Mars though as the trees got in the way but the disc is certainly getting to be a more interesting size. Still there's always tonight if I can stay awake, should be clear this side again!

1 hour ago, Gina said:

I've been thinking that I might try some observing having got tired of imaging and things going wrong.

I often think this but get dragged back to trying to improve on previous targets. 

Archived