Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flat Earth one line debunks

Peco4321

I saw a funny video the other day, called chatting with flat earther of something similar. In it, the flat earther claimed that our eyes perceive anything above the horizon as a sphere.

?

Planes don't look too spherical to my eyes. ✈️

Neither does our chimney. ?

Neither do pigeons, however fat they are. ?

??

Ah I see it now, we see the sky as a whole  as a spherical section. It all makes sense, too. The stars rotate around 2 fixed positions, etc. Ok, I believe in flat earth now! :D :D :D 

Wait...….

John

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IanL said:

The other thing that you need to realise is that 2M radio waves are refracted by the atmosphere quite effectively, so in reality pointing the antenna at the sky where the meteors would effectively be is irrelevant. One chap in the radio / spectroscopy section of SGL managed detentions from the North of England where the meteors would be below the horizon.  Hope that helps!

Apparently some people have triangulated accurately timed detections of large meteors, most of them were BEHIND the Graves radar. @SteveNickolls detected the ISS west of Ireland!

Archived