Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astro Pixel Processor APP

PeterCPC

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/02/2018 at 22:41, sloz1664 said:

You can find a good source of tutorials on the APP site. In particular the Sara Wager tutorials.

Steve

+1 for APP. Having come across this software following Sara’s article in this months Sky at Night mag. I’ve just downloaded a trial version. Seems very user friendly and Sara has a clear tutorial style. I wonder if/how more experienced forum members find it compared with longer established software? 

1 hour ago, Grierson said:

+1 for APP. Having come across this software following Sara’s article in this months Sky at Night mag. I’ve just downloaded a trial version. Seems very user friendly and Sara has a clear tutorial style. I wonder if/how more experienced forum members find it compared with longer established software? 

I'm a fan, and have used it now for around a year and as you have commented "user friendly. I have used MaximDL and Pixinsight in the past but prefer APP.

Steve

I think this is an excellent piece of software for some things and for other things if I'm honest I am left scratching my head a little! 

The pre-processing stuff is excellent - calibration works a breeze and gives me good results. The integration and registration is very good. The mosaic stitching is frankly out of this world in my opinion and so much easier than some of the other offerings out there giving in my opinion better results. The LP removal tool is excellent - works really well and I love combining narrowband in the RGB combine menu as you can really play with the colours and start off with something resembling a narrowband image!

I'm thrilled that folks have found both my video tutorials and the Sky at Night magazine articles useful :) 

26 minutes ago, swag72 said:

I think this is an excellent piece of software for some things and for other things if I'm honest I am left scratching my head a little! 

The pre-processing stuff is excellent - calibration works a breeze and gives me good results. The integration and registration is very good. The mosaic stitching is frankly out of this world in my opinion and so much easier than some of the other offerings out there giving in my opinion better results. The LP removal tool is excellent - works really well and I love combining narrowband in the RGB combine menu as you can really play with the colours and start off with something resembling a narrowband image!

I'm thrilled that folks have found both my video tutorials and the Sky at Night magazine articles useful :) 

I'm more and more tempted to buy this, I've tried the 30 days, and found it a little tricky.  I've watched one of your tutorials and did find that bit easy to follow :icon_salut:

Can you tell me is it possible to stack data from separate nights, that have separate flats and bias?  If so can you point me in the direction of a tutorial or explain if it isn't tooth much trouble.

Just now, tooth_dr said:

Can you tell me is it possible to stack data from separate nights, that have separate flats and bias?  If so can you point me in the direction of a tutorial or explain if it isn't tooth much trouble.

The way that I do it may not be the conventional way, but it's fairly easy to do..........

1) Load in your lights, flats and bias from night one........ click on calibrate and then when it's done 'save calibration frames' - What this does is saves each of the lights that are calibrated with the specific calibration frames.

2) I make sure that these calibrated lights are saved in a 'calibration' folder. 

3) Night 2 load in your relevant lights, flats and bias and click calibrate then 'save calibration frames'

4) Put all of these into the same folder and you will have a folder full of calibrated lights, all calibrated with their own flats and bias.

5) Do the integration part and put each of these calibrated lights into the mix (without ANY calibration frames) - and that's that!

I think that the developer is working on some form of put them all in and then out comes one perfect stack, but at the moment I'd rather know what I'm doing so find this easier! I do something similar with Ha and Lum that I integrate together from different cameras.

Hope that helps and makes sense :) 

Archived