NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Clear sky tonight so...

Jonk

11 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

yeah i thought it would be clear. wishful thinking as my star adventurer was delivered yesterday. set it up outside and it was crystal clear. just gone out to polar align and 100% cloud cover. Balls. 

I know the feeling. About to start imaging after aligning, autoguiding calibration etc, then cloudy! I try to look on the bright side, and time myself setting up!

This is exactly why an all sky cam for me, is vital for imaging.

I've had nights of 0% cloud forecast, only to have an hour in the middle of  the night of 100% cloud!

The best thing about it is I can sit indoors and watch the all sky on a computer, phone, tablet or whatever, and resume imaging remotely (or go back outside) once the cloud has passed.

It's a ZWO ASI 290MM with Fujinon fidheye lens. I'm keeping a progress trhead going here ->

It started as an Altair GP cam and basic wide lens, but is now a better camera / lens combo in a case with a dome, and mini pc. It's not finished, I just plop it in the garden on a bin whenever it's clear enough to image.

I saved a few frames when the ISS went past earlier and did a small animation, but I could if I wanted, create an infinite timelapse video. Well not quite infinite, but a very long one!

Archived