Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mesu200 on ABS

RayD

13 minutes ago, RayD said:

Not sure if it is anyone from here, but a very reasonably priced Mesu200 (Sitech) has gone up on ABS.  Don't see that very often.

Oh no... that is serious temptation... and I didn't blow my whole budget on the Esprit....

1 minute ago, PhotoGav said:

Oh no... that is serious temptation... and I didn't blow my whole budget on the Esprit....

Oooh now that is a combo I can confirm does indeed work Gav.  I'm seriously tempted myself to ship to Spain for the Tak and sell the AZ EQ6.  Aaaaaaaarrggghhhhhh! :icon_biggrin:

5 hours ago, spillage said:

It was only a short journey away from me. I took the run-up with the mrs. That brick wall really hurt.

Did you buy it then Spill?  Great buy if you did, with the weights and tripod included that was an absolute bargain! 

1 hour ago, alan potts said:

Don't think I have ever seen one for sale secondhand, it is a mount that I have looked at but I don't know where I could get one from living out here.

They certainly don't come up often, Alan.  I think they generally change hands behind the scenes, so this was never going to be up for long at that price.

Great buy that but, as you say, shipping to Bulgaria makes it a little more tricky.  However, a few guys now have them in Oz, so not insurmountable.

9 hours ago, tomato said:

Can’t agree with the comment in the sales pitch that the Mesu isn’t portable. You just need a strong back and nerves of steel.:grin:

Agree, it can definitely be done......but I'd rather you than me :icon_biggrin:

On 2/9/2018 at 16:38, alan potts said:

Don't think I have ever seen one for sale secondhand, it is a mount that I have looked at but I don't know where I could get one from living out here.

Both of mine were second hand, though one of them came here new and belonged originally to Yves. I guess I got lucky, especially when the vendor of the second one delivered it after buying a robotic observatory lock stock and barrel just down the road.

Olly

Archived