Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is my Skyscan upgrade faulty?

I have just noticed tonight that when I am slewing to a target and both motors are running that the power LED flickers. Sometimes it appears to be blinking on and off but sometimes it does appear to flicker on and off. The power supply I am using is rated at 5amps so it's not dropping out due to low power.

Anybody seen this before?

i have similiar experience with my HEQ5 Pro, the led sometimes flickers quite fast, other times a steady on/off...always thought it was down to mount slewing or tracking,etc??? havn't noticed any side effects

i am using a 110Ah leisure battery so power should not be the issue, but it could be the rather flimsy cable im using to power the mount i split in half to attach crocodile clips to!

Can't you check the voltage on the handset? This should tell you if the lead is the problem. Personally I find that my 5amp PSU causes the LED to flicker rapidly (very slightly) as well - even when not under load. I think this is because it outputs about 13+/-1 volts in a sinusoidal fashion! Mount seems to work fine though. With the Skywatcher battery pack, low voltage was indicated by very slow flashing of the LED , not fast flickering.

NigelM

Archived