Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hints, Tips and Trickery

With the help of my wee cousin, the plan now is to decorate my telescope with the Serenity logo all done in matching rhinestones.

Why?

Because the universe sparkles at us and it would be rude not to sparkle back, right?

P.S. Excuse the unholy mess that is my house. Painting went wrong five years ago and I just can't be bothered to fix it :icon_biggrin:

Serenity.jpg

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The star diagonal will be trial and error, I think, Kat. Either way, we'll figure it out no bother :D

The hard part of choosing, setting up and aligning it on the street light across the way has been done, so now the fun of learning where things are, what those things are, can begin in earnest and I can't wait to show my cousin. Poor lad hasn't stopped smiling since the tube was taken out of the box LOL

That is not a star diagonal, that is a 45 degree erect image diagonal that comes with the ST120 and I hope it works for you I think it suits you better than 90 degrees.

Pleiades will look great and the double cluster as well as loads of other stuff but they will be easier to find.

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!. Nothing like the smell of telescope in the morning. I must admit that having looked at the scope online, im amazed at the size of the box. Im assuming the mount and tripod are also in the box?.

Congrats on the new arrival. 

120mm refractor scope..............

NICE. 

I prefer erect prisms over star diags. I prefer to see things in the same orientation that my eyes would see them. 

P.S.~just noticed that you have someone crashed out on your couch.

Yep! All there and in their altogether, marra.

I'm as chuffed as chuffed can be! Also just spent half hour or so showing Declan via Youtube what we'll be able to see when we look through it, showed him how the Planisphere works, pointed out some of the more well known starry structures and he's not stopped grinning since. We're going out tomorrow night as we're waiting for granda to come back from the chippy.

Kat, I can guarantee you'll still be correcting me on that two years from now. My memory has more holes in it than a second hand dart board.

9 hours ago, Cinderhella said:

I hope he does join as he was so excited for me getting this scope, bless him LOL

Wot ! You let him escape before assigning him a username and password ? tsk tsk, dereliction of duty if you ask me.

:laughing4:

would be good if he did :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, Cinderhella said:

We're going out tomorrow night

I think you had better share this direct line you clearly have to the cloud Gods.  Such a thing could make you a small fortune with UK astronomers the length and breadth of the country.

Did no-one tell you that buying a new telescope means 6 months of cloudy skies for your area?

1 hour ago, JOC said:

I think you had better share this direct line you clearly have to the cloud Gods.  Such a thing could make you a small fortune with UK astronomers the length and breadth of the country.

Did no-one tell you that buying a new telescope means 6 months of cloudy skies for your area?

I'll just drag my neighbours out to blow the clouds away with their immense amount of hot air. May as well put their mouths to good use for once.

Archived