Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What is this mount ?????

Rooster

Hello... having the devil of a time find out ANYTHING about my recently aquired "Bresser Uranus" 'scope !

I have mailed the UK importer - who mailed Bresser (Meade ?) but yet to hear owt !

Can you identify this mount please ? Im trying to source a polar scope and motors... maybe DIY ?

MONTI1.jpg

Did you email Teleascope House, or BCF? I only ask as I haven't seen your email and Bresser do take a while to respond usually.

That's an EQ3-2 (just like the synta mounts labelled eq5), but one which is particular to their 4" refractor's about 5 years ago. BCF do not have motors that will fit this mount anymore to the best of my knowledge, and I'd be surprised if Bresser can still supply them.

I'll have a hunt through my spare in the week for you if I get a chance.

Steve

The Ra drive on the astromomica mount is mounted below the axis as it is a standard eq3-2 judging by the picture. The Uranaus has it mounted above the axis, Motorising it should be possible, it's just a case of getting a motor housing with the right fitting.

The Astonomica site in that link hasn't even got a standard EQ3/3 mount on it :shock: Their Astro5 is an EQ5 clone.

The bresser mount in Rooster's pic is an old CG4.

The entire setup is an old Celestron C4R. They are the same kit but with different badges.

See the comparrison pic below (Rooster's pic on the left, CG4 mounted C4R on the right);

8892_normal.jpeg

(click pic to enlarge)

HTH.

This mystery is solved !!!!!!!! MANY thanks for your input guys... Steelrat hit the nail firmly on the head... Ive had a look on the Celestron site, and the C4R is identical - even the scope etc is the same !

Off to hunt some parts ! thanks again :salute:

Still not sure of the "quality" of this thing - but Im sure its not some "stamped out" rubbish as was suggested before I got it !

Archived