Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 The Great Orion Nebula and M43 De MNairan's Nebula Mod 350D CPC800 @ F10

Psychobilly

Last night was my first attempt at Prime Focus Imaging using the Moded 350D on the CPC800XLT whilst autoguiding using a DSI IIC on the Skywatcher Equinoxe-66 Pro @ f6....

The "results" from various targets are in another thread...

Here's my first attempt at processing the "Prime Focus" M42/M43 data taken with the moded 350D on the CPC800XLT @ F10

6x5s + 4x15s + 4x30s + 3x60s + 4x120s + 4x240s @ ISO800

Each subset stacked in DSS asinh Stretched...

The Resulting Images Manually Aligned and Stacked in CS3 in 5-15-30-60-120-240s order top to bottom....

Top 5 Layyers set to 20% Opacity...

Image Flattened and then Hue and Saturation, Level, Curves etc...

Image Resized in 10% steps to final size..

Frame and annotation added....

Dropped to 8Bit and Jpeged....

Hope you like it....Apologies for "Portrait" It doesn't look right in "landscape"

8794_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Billy...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the comments about the image and the processing notes...

This method is something that I have been playign with I am not sure its the right way to do it but I quite like the results - I am sure there are better ways of stacking the various "exposures" and now I have the data I can start to look at them.

Thanks Karlo...

There are a few things I am planning to do differently to improve the guiding for tomorrows attempt - im planing on barlowign up the "66" and Focal Reducing the 8" to improve the focal length ratio and at teh same time get a slightly wide FOV will just have to watch as the camera won't swing through the forks with the SCT Filter, FR and Extension tubes on though...

Billy...

Archived